403 (1) Everyone commits an offence who fraudulently personates another person, living or dead,
- (a) with intent to gain advantage for themselves or another person;
- (b) with intent to obtain any property or an interest in any property;
- (c) with intent to cause disadvantage to the person being personated or another person; or
- (d) with intent to avoid arrest or prosecution or to obstruct, pervert or defeat the course of justice.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), personating a person includes pretending to be the person or using the person’s identity information — whether by itself or in combination with identity information pertaining to any person — as if it pertains to the person using it.
Dual Offence – Max 10 years