Actions of the Accused
- The Accused must have…
- Procured to be made, possess, transfer, sell or offer for sale
- “Identity Document”
- There is a legal description of “identity document” in this section
- This is NOT the same definition as “Identity Information”. “Identity Document” is a narrower definition.
- Most official government ID and some employee ID is covered by the definition
Without lawful Excuse – Legal Presumption
- There are lawful reasons for possessing another persons identity documents. The accused should be asked if they have a lawful reason to possess the “identity document”.
- See the link for more information regarding the legal issues surrounding presumptions.
Statutory Wording: Section 56.1 Possession of Identity Documents
Definition: “Identity Document”
Legal Info: Presumptions